Welcome to the guide on how to opt-in to additional emergency notification alert groups. By keeping your information current and opting into additional message lists, you will ensure that you stay informed about current and future emergencies. Rest assured that this system will only be utilized for genuine emergencies, such as severe weather alerts, campus lockdowns, or other significant incidents that require your immediate attention and response. Several examples of events that do not classify as an emergency are campus conferences and events, academic information, planned maintenance, routine campus notifications, and construction.
Please follow the steps below to walk through how to subscribe to additional notification groups beyond the default ones you are automatically enrolled in. Opt-In lists are used in conjunction with lists that each student, faculty, and staff are automatically enrolled in so it is important to select every location you have a presence at to stay informed.
Step by Step instructions
- Please visit this link to log into our Emergency Alert system, Rave.
- Type “Vermont” and select “Vermont State Colleges System, CCV, and Vermont State University” from the drop-down list.
- Authenticate using your current Portal username and password
- In some cases, you have to type “Vermont” and select “Vermont State Colleges System, CCV, and Vermont State University” from the drop-down list again.
- Select “Opt-In Lists” from the top left of your screen.
- As stated above, Opt-In lists are used in conjunction with lists that are automatically populated. You may not be enrolled in any of the opt-in lists, but should still receive alerts from your primary home campus. We encourage everyone to select your home campus and every other campus you travel to in order to stay informed in case of an emergency.
Place a checkmark next to each list you should receive updates for.
- Changes made within this page save automatically, but we still recommend you verify your lists to subscribe to. After you make your selections you should select “My Account” from the top left and then navigate back to the “Opt-In Lists” page to verify the lists are there. If they are not, then reselect the proper ones and check again.
This is also a good opportunity to verify your cell phone number if you have not done so already. The banner will be red at the top of the Rave portal asking to verify your phone number. Select the button to verify your number.
If you have any trouble you can reach out to Public Safety or open a Service Desk ticket by going to https://servicedesk.vsc.edu. Thank you!