Every current student, faculty, and staff member has access to install a local version of the Microsoft Office Suite on several different devices.
Windows 10 and macOS operating systems:
- Login to your Vermont State College email through either Chrome or Firefox on the computer you would like to install the Microsoft Office Suite on to. The link can be found here: LINK
- Once you are logged into your Office 365 email account you should click on the nine dots at the upper left corner of your page. Then select “Office”.
3. Select the “Install Office” drop down menu from on the right side of the page. Then select the option for “Office 365 apps”
4. When prompted, click to save the installer file. The way this appears on your screen will depend on the OS and browser you are using. It may be a pop-up or it may appear as a banner at the bottom of your browser window.
5. Click or double-click the file to run it. The file may appear in your “Downloads” folder or at the bottom of your browser. Follow the installation instructions on your screen.
6. Once installed, launch one of the Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc). You will be asked to activate Office with an email and password. Use your Castleton email address in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. email@example.com) and your password. You will only need to do this once.
Most current Apple, Android, and Google platform mobile devices support most Microsoft Office applications.
Start by opening the App Store [ for iPhone users ] and Google Play store [ for Android users ].
Search for the O365 App you would like. In this scenario, I am going to be installing Word.
- You should start by selecting the “Search” at the bottom right, then type the name of the app you would like at the top in the search field, and then select the download icon.
Once Word [ or which ever O365 app you have downloaded ] it should ask you to license it. If this is the first O365 App you have installed on your phone you will need to enter your email address in the format of UserID@vsc.edu [ firstname.lastname@example.org ].
If you already have logged into another O365 app on your device then you should be able to select “Use UserID@vsc.edu account” to sign in.
Once you are signed in your should be ready to use the app.
To find a full list of programs and services associated with your Office account provided by the VSC you can follow this LINK to Microsoft’s site for a breakdown of your license. All students, staff, and faculty currently have Office 365 A3 licenses. If you would like to know more about a specific product in the suite of programs and services included in the Office 365 A3 license, you can follow this LINK to Microsoft’s site for more information.